This course provides participants with the knowledge and practical experience of understanding and setting up a cycle count program.
The course uses hands-on exercises based upon company inventory information to both “see” and “do”, enabling participants to achieve a solid understanding of both the principles and the activities of cycle counting. Exercises include inventory ABC classification, determination of count “triggers”, identifying root cause of errors and identifying trial count items.
The course objective is to have participants:
- Explain the advantages of achieving inventory accuracy through cycle counting
- Identify opportunities to implement a cycle counting program to your inventory
- Operate a cycle counting program and collect data for quality management
- Analyze reports and take action based upon analysis
- Monitor and control inventory accuracy through ongoing cycle counting
Upon completion of this course, participants will understand the value and benefits of cycle counting, how to set up a cycle counting program and will be able to implement cycle counting in their operations.
To receive the .7 course CEUs, participants must complete the following:
- 80% attendance of course sessions demonstrated via the sign-in sheet
- 70% on the post-course assessment
Partial CEUs will not be awarded.